Monday, December 21, 2009

Getting There: Chapter 10

Nick's POV



"Almost over." I thought, as we played our final show in Italy. Next we jet off to London, for an extended 2 week stay. Then a few more stops and we're home. Everything will be figured out at home. First, I had a meet and greet to attend.



"Hey, did you enjoy the show?" Kevin asked the group of girls next in line.

"It was amazing!" They gushed, obviously appreciating the effort we'd put in.

"Grazie!" Joe hollered, embarrassing himself yet again. The girls just laughed.



After the meet and greet we headed back to the Hotel for one last nights sleep.



"Can you believe we fly to London tomorrow?" I asked, quietly.

"Can you believe I'm trying to sleep and somebody keeps talking." Joe said, sarcastically.

"Sorry." I mumbled. "Hey Kev....Kev, are you asleep?" I nagged.

"If I say yes will you shut up?" he replied.

"What if Riley shows up Kevin?" I asked, shyly.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well.....what do I do if she shows up?" I asked, again.

"Hey, I know, you could tell her how you never shut up when people are trying to sleep." Joe chimed in.



I shuffled in my bed and turned on my nightlight, causing Kevin and Joe to groan and sit up.



"I've spent so much time missing her, that I haven't really considered what I'm gonna say." I admitted. "What if I choke up?"

"Nick, all you have to do is tell her how you're feeling." Joe explained.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Riley only wants to hear the truth." Kevin said. "It's time you were honest."

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed.

"Riley may also want you to let Joe sleep." Joe added, grinning.



I threw a pillow at his head before turning out my light once again.



"Thanks guys."

"No problem." Joe replied. "Now shut up!"



Riley's POV



Come on Riley! You can do this! Just walk into the store, pick up the box, pay for them, then leave. Nothing to be embarrassed about. In fact, buying condoms was sensible, and more teens shouldn't be embarrassed to carry them on their persons, but here I go, sounding exactly like an after school special. Man up Riley! I was stood outside a drugstore, trying to work up the courage to just head inside. I'm pretty sure if the store had security tapes, I'd look like such a stalker, but that was another problem, for another day. I gathered by confidence, and walked quickly into the store, trying not to act suspicious. I walked straight to the correct isle, and studied the boxes carefully. Who knew there were so many different types! Ribbed, banana flavoured, blueberry flavoured, even green condoms! I decided upon the basic, plain, non-flavoured condoms. I didn't want to come across as a whore that knew what she was doing - when I so obviously didn't. I headed towards the cash register, and placed them on the counter and pulled out $10 to pay for them.



"Is that all?" the Cashier asked.

"Yeah thanks." I said, looking up to hand the guy the money. I froze. Ohh boy, this looked bad. "Leo....hey." I mumbled, feeling my cheeks flush.

"Riley." he smiled. "Well this isn't awkward at all." he chuckled.

"Ahh....could you, maybe not mention this? To anyone?" I asked.

"Our little secret." he agreed, handing me my plastic bag.

"Thanks." I smiled.

As I left the store in the background I hear a familiar song playing.



'It's cool, 'cos we're just friends.'



It couldn't be, could it? When I arrived home I dashed upstairs and quickly hid my newly purchased box of protection. If Dad ever found that, I'm pretty sure Cody would be better off dead.



"Riley! Something came for you in the mail!" Dad called.

"What is it?" I asked, appearing downstairs, looking flushed.

"Are you alright?" he asked. "You look kinda....red." he commented. Damn him and his perception.

"I'm fine." I said, quickly taking the envelope to distract him. As soon as I saw the address I knew what it was. "This came today?" I asked.

"Yeah. Do you know what it is?"

"It's a plane ticket." I stated. "To London."

"Who sent you a plane ticket to London..." he asked, trailing off as he realised. "That boy."

"He's called Nick, Dad." I explained. "He's more than just 'that boy'."

"Are you going?" he asked.

"No."

"You don't even want to think about it?" he pressed.

"Uh....thought about it....no." I said, taking the ticket upstairs and stashing it in a drawer. I walked over to my window and saw Cody sat doing his homework, illuminated by his nightlight. He looked so innocent, so un-expecting. Boy was that gonna change!



I have a green condom!

On another note.....KEVIN'S MARRIED!

SOUND THE ALARMS! Wasn't this chapter rather coincidental. Riley's buying condoms.....Kevin's probabley used a few by now ;)



Anyway, I won't be uploading Tuesday because I'm sleeping at my friend's house, and hitting up an 18th birthday party! BODY SHOTS! Haha.



Comment Question: What's your fave Christmas movie? I really like Elf :D



Also, I realised that Khloe Kardashian looks like a cross between Lucy Hale and Rachel Bilson. Anyone else see that?

No comments:

Post a Comment